Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone out there. I'm finally back at my blog. I'm writing today about innocence as seen in children. We bought my daughter-in-law a dance video game and played it with the kids Sat. night. I was so thrilled at how my grandson loved to dance and of all songs, he enjoyed "Girls just want to have fun"! He was totally uninhibited and enjoying the moment. I'm sure the competition involved spurred him on a bit but he was very good-natured even when he trailed behind. I'm afraid my kids inherited some of my husband and my lack of spontaneity and inhibited nature. When I was young I never would have tried anything new like this, especially in front of anyone else. As I aged, I began to spread my wings a bit and not care so much what others thought. I certainly don't care if someone else acts like a fool around me. So as I watched my grandson dance I found myself hoping he keeps it up even into his teen years and resists the urge to squelch his free spirit. I hope he stays young at heart forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment