Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Texas Red Grapefruit

I don't like grapefruit, or so I thought. My son gets a box of citrus for Christmas and gives us a few of the grapefruit for my husband to eat. I've never tried any until this year when, as my husband was eating one, it looked and smelled really good. Maybe in my old age I'm finally willing to try some different foods. I tried a half with some sugar and found it to be very tasty, not at all what I've experienced in the past. Just the thought of it has brought a pucker to my lips but not in a good way like lemons. The bitterness also turned me off. I was pleasantly surprised when I found these grapefruit are different than the others and really don't need sugar - and they're good for you! We like them so much that we even bought ourselves a big bag at Giant Eagle yesterday. I just hope they're as sweet as the ones we got from my son. Now that he knows what they're like, we might not get anymore at Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment