Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Monday, January 17, 2011

Brrrrrr

Man, it's cold outside! Yesterday afternoon I watched the temperature plummet on the thermometer and my body felt it, too. I've noticed a dramatic change in my body temperature since retirement. Even with a new furnace, better insulation and new windows the house still doesn't seem to be warm enough. I'm sure part of it is because I'm just sitting and the level of my activity has diminished considerably. I used to be on my feet most of the working day and short-sleeved shirts were a staple of mine. Now I still wear the shirt but have a sweatshirt on over top but my legs are still cold. Now I understand why the secretaries at work usually had that extra sweater on the back of their chair and a small space heater under their desk. I feel bad for them now that the new study came out saying if people are sedentary most of the day, it doesn't even matter if they exercise. What do they want people to do then? Even sitting on an exercise ball wouldn't solve the problem! This sort of study just makes people feel frustrated and without any power at all. What good are they? Let's put money where it will be more beneficial and not a wasted study.

No comments:

Post a Comment