Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Crochet Projects

As I've stated earlier, one of my goals is to empty my 3 craft supply bins this year. I started on the yarn bin and already completed a couple blankies for Audrey and 2 baby blankets. The baby ones were just done in a big Granny square which is quick, doesn't need a pattern and comes out in a perfect square. I really don't like Granny afghans or at least the traditional ones so I've modified them into ones I do like. I'm not sure what it is that I don't like. At first I thought it was too much black so I did the Granny's Daughter afghan with an off-white but I've done multi-colored afghans with black before in a different pattern and I love it. So this is my problem in coming up with a scrap afghan pattern for the rest of my yarn. I found one that resembles a stain glass pattern but in stripes of varying lengths. Each section of color is done in 1-3 small granny squares, sewn together then edged with black. It looks nice on paper but whether it'll look good once it's done and if I'll have enough yarn in shades that look good, time will tell. My hope is to have an afghan for each bed in the loft at the cabin, along with a quilt and a pillow. I'll keep you informed of my progress (aren't you lucky!).

No comments:

Post a Comment