Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Thursday, December 16, 2010

22 year Journal

Here's another blog inspired by Dear Abby (sorry, but it speaks to me). A while back a mother wrote about a journal she's been keeping every day since her son was born and she asked Abby when to give it to her son. I was so touched by that and I thought who wouldn't want a record of your mom's life when she became a mom. To read that in my mother's own words, good or bad, would be priceless to me. From the sound of it, to me anyway, this was her only child, she still had a good relationship with him (he just had a child of his own), and it was more of her diary depicting her journey through motherhood. I was stunned that several people wrote in and said she was a control freak, narcissistic, and wanted to ruin his special time with his child. Did I miss something in the first letter? I realize we all react and interpret things differently but based on the information she gave, how do these other people come up with this. Maybe some of us want to see the up side of things, I don't know. Others had the same reaction as me, in fact, the historical aspect was even mentioned. I wish I had the time and patience to do something like that for my kids, even if it had not been about them but, like this blog, recording ideas, thoughts, or even Dear Abby columns. I'd be curious how my kids would react to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment