Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Monday, December 13, 2010

Homemade Christmas Cards

Well, I am astounded by what I just read in Dear Abby this morning. Someone wrote in about making homemade Christmas cards with her niece every year but this year she received a small check from someone saying she should buy the cards and here's money. I guess I chose my words carefully because I'm not shocked or surprised by this reaction. There are others who don't appreciate the homemade items but I do. When my daughter-in-law started doing scrapbooking, I saved every one of those cards she sent . I couldn't bear the thought of throwing something away that I knew took time not just money to make and send. I still have the homemade thank you card from Audrey on the fridge. I remember when I made a bunch of cards (all occasion not Christmas) with some poster paper cut into folded card size and paper napkins. I got the idea from Carol Duvall and I received many complements. All you do is put plastic wrap on the card then the top layer of napkin and iron them together. I've always wanted to make my own Christmas cards but didn't want to devote the time to it. That's why I commend this aunt for spending that kind of time , having that kind of patience and creating that tradition with her niece. I also think it would be amazing to see that child and her artwork evolve over the years. I feel sorry for the recipient because if she saved all those cards and that little girl grew up to be famous (who knows) then she would have something that would be worth a bundle or be priceless, whichever way you choose to look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment