Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

Well, this is my first Christmas Day blog. It is nice to have the girls home overnight and they seemed to like their gifts. We found out that my younger daughter knew about the t-shirt quilt I was making so I hid that in the bedroom until we were all done with the other presents. I still wanted it to be a surprise. I think she liked it and I certainly enjoyed making it. I'm already thinking about what to make for next Christmas. In the oven I have a prime rib cooking and it is starting to smell really good. I'm keeping it simple beyond that but I am making a winter fruit salad that I saw in a magazine. We're used to the summer ones when everything is in season but tend to forget that there's fruit we can use now. Pineapples were .99 apiece at Aldi's so I put that and canned mandarin oranges, kiwi and maraschino cherries in the salad. It smells wonderful. My cookies and candy are going over pretty well - more than enough to constitute dessert - however I did take a key lime pie out of the freezer. We'll just be relaxing after dinner and taking in a movie. You'd be amazed at how many other people have the same idea. Hope you all have a wonderful holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment