Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Cookie Marathon

I just finished my annual Christmas cookie marathon which this time also includes candy. There were some new ones on the list this year that I hope are good. Also a suggestion from my husband about putting orange extract in the sugar cookies. It tastes pretty good but my attempt at saving some time and doing slice and bake sugar cookies didn't hit the mark in my opinion. My slice and bake always turn out misshapen. A new one called Coconut Tea Cookies turned out good and very delicate. I was a little disappointed in my truffles this year but I did make the orange for the first time. It hardened up a little too quick so the verdict is still out on those. I tried to continue my desire to use up some of my pantry stash with my cookies. The coconut is gone but I can't seem to get rid of that almond bark no matter how hard I try. I thought I'd give some to my daughter for her peanut butter balls, but by the time I asked her, she had already bought her own. I'm also trying to improve on things for next Christmas so my marathon doesn't need to take place 2 days before Christmas. Unfortunately, my freezer has been too full to store any cookies that were made ahead of time. I guess that's all something to work on for next year. Merry Christmas Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment