Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Recycling

There was an article in this morning's paper about a girl using magazines that were headed for the garbage to make Christmas ornaments. They were religious mags and both ornaments, last years and this, looked very nice. I try to recycle some of my Christmas stuff, much to the dismay of my husband. I would keep every box and bag during the year and try and reuse it again sometime. I think I've been fairly successful and haven't needed to buy boxes or bags at all this year. I also hate to throw away Christmas cards so the last couple years I've saved part of the front of cards that I like and don't have writing on the back. I even used one in the gift I gave the neighbors (a cute one that had 10 reasons to believe in Santa). Instead of keeping them in the card box, I think next year I'll put them right in with the wrapping paper and try to eliminate tags altogether. I remember one year at Christmas when I was teaching at the preschool I used old Christmas cards as postcards and sent them as thank you cards for gifts I received there. Of course, my problem has been the thrill at getting a bargain so when I shop the after-Christmas sales, I tend to overbuy the exact stuff I'm trying to recycle. What a vicious circle!

No comments:

Post a Comment