Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

New Weight Watchers

This topic has come up several times in other blogs I read and today in the food section of the paper so I thought I'd give my view. I quit going to WW awhile ago and not because of it but me. I failed and I know it. It's a great program with many success stories but I couldn't stick with it. Anyway, I've had conversations at work about WW versus Atkins or at the time a modified Curves diet. The discussion was about the carbs and my point was that even though WW didn't talk about the carbs, they were still factored in with the calories since they go hand in hand. The Curves diet recommended whole wheat carbs so they weren't cut out completely. I hear now that WW has remodeled the point system and includes protein in the mix. Good move! I've said this for awhile now, ever since I heard that NutriSystem adjusts its meals in protein depending on your age. They say older adults need more protein hence their food has more. That makes a lot of sense to me since I've been doing weights. You need that protein to help build muscle and then boost your metabolism. I think that's why us older people have so much trouble losing the weight. I'm not sure how others feel about the new calculations as I've heard it adds more points to different foods. I think some people need more structure in their diets and the fact that WW said you could eat basically anything you want (short of fruits, veggies, dairy, oils and water) as long it fell into the point category, gave some of us too much leeway. I do like the fact that all fruits are free!

No comments:

Post a Comment