Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Christmas Re-gift

We've all done it so let's be honest. Usually it doesn't happen with good friends or family but there have been times when I'm getting gifts that I know are more of an obligation and sometimes I pass them on. I believe there are some rules involved like not giving it to someone who might know the original giver and having a quick come-back if asked where I got it, so we need to be careful. I've found myself, this year more than ever, trying to use up things and not necessarily re-gift. If I don't have any use for something and I know someone else might then it's re-gift time (plus a little candy). Of course, some gifts have too much meaning such as many of the gifts I got from preschool. I can never get rid of anything that is personalized even if it sits in my ornament box Christmas after Christmas. That's one thing I learned about gifts this year - if you put their name on it, they'll have it forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment