Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Monday, December 27, 2010

Craft Supplies

I'm feeling overwhelmed by all my craft supplies. I did make a dent in it over the holidays and I certainly have more ideas but it all seems like a bottomless pit. I started last summer in getting rid of some books and magazines related to crafts. I sorted through every book and decided what I honestly thought I would make. If it didn't make the cut, it was out. Then this spring I got rid of more through the garage sales which made a little money, hopefully not for more craft supplies. I still find myself now with a ton of pictures that need to be scrapbooked and 3 full bins - one full bin each of material, yarn and crochet thread. I know what I want to do with most of it, it's just a matter of time. All this stuff can't be relocated to the cabin - that's the bottom line so I either use of lose it. So what I did last night was pull out all the baby yarn. I found some more purple (I must have torn something else out) and I'll make another blankey for Audrey as that might be the last of it. Then with the rest I will make another baby blanket to put away for who knows who. The thing about crocheting is that I can do it even while I'm engrossed in another project such as scrapbooking. It sits with me in the living room as I'm watching TV. I've also been looking for another scrap afghan project to use up the rest of the yarn. This is a tough one because I usually don't make a pattern twice and there aren't a lot of patterns that I like. I know that unless I find one that I can work with, I'll give up on this before it's done. I remember my smart goal blog and the timely part and I want to say Easter for that yarn bin to be empty. Then I will use the bin to store my completed items. That seems like a plan and now it's in print for everyone to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment