Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas cookies

Here's another Christmas tradition that I think we all love and that's making cookies. My mom had a few favorites that she only made at Christmas. One was her Hungarian nut rolls with the cream cheese dough and another were called Ones, which were deep fried dough strips dusted with powdered sugar. Both are simple to make but my family has never been interested in either. My husband doesn't care for the cream cheese and the kids don't like nuts. I've never made the Ones because of deep frying, despite being unhealthy (I know we're talking Christmas cookies) but I thought it was too much trouble. It seems no matter what I make, I'm the one eating most of them in the end! Anyway, I already made a batch while we were at the cabin the last time and gave some as gifts. It was a recipe I found in the paper that week and since it was the only one I had all the ingredients for, that's what I made. They were peanut butter sandwich cookies and they were good. It was a simple recipe with lots of pb and a filling with more pb and pb chips, which I had just bought at Ollies. I made three different versions of them as I thought the sandwiches were a little too big. So I did some single cookies drizzled with chocolate and others dipped half-way in chocolate. I should have given them all away because I ended up eating the rest once we got home. So that's kind of my plan for this year's cookie making (no, not the eating part) that I'll make some different ones that I've found in the paper in addition to some old stand-bys. I'll let you know what seems to be the hits.

No comments:

Post a Comment