Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas List

I vowed to write a blog and remember the people we've lost since last Christmas so here it is. My list is three short this year without Grandma, Aunt Rita and Aunt Annie. At this point I'm usually putting together those boxes of goodies for the aunts for my husband to drop of on one of his trips to the area. It seems strange not to wrap a box in paper, fill with an apple and orange (something we used to get at the party where my dad worked), some of my candy (I found a bag of it being eaten by Rita at a summer bingo game) and a special treat or craft that I thought they would enjoy. Once I made my cake in a jar and Rita and Annie both said they loved looking at it and showing everyone before they tried it. They were always impressed with what I sent down no matter how simple. It's especially strange to not have Grandma this year. I can't seem to pass a box of chocolate covered cherries without thinking how much she would love them. Last year at the nursing home we bought her a bunch of her favorite candies. Of course, I love when she says she's never had it before and how good it is! Last year we missed Christmas Eve at her place (which will be someone else's place this year) but still had a nice visit at the nursing home . This year will be especially hard without her. Maybe it will be time to break out the home movies as a new tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment