Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Friday, December 17, 2010

Sewing

I've been doing alot of sewing these past weeks (can't explain why for obvious reasons) and it got me thinking about my first project. It was in high school where we had to make a skirt and wear it to school, which was part of the test, I guess. The teacher got really mad at me because I cut my material the wrong way, bias maybe I don't remember, and made me feel awful. I was convinced that it would look hideous, based on what she said. Well, I made it (gathered, waistband with buttons down the front), wore it to school and I thought it looked pretty good. At least no one pointed at me and made fun of it, because no one could tell, except the teacher that I cut out my material wrong. The rest is history! That could have ended my sewing but I made most of my clothes in high school and college and then a few things thereafter. I manage to hold my own when it comes to sewing and even enjoy it when everything is working like it should. I have quite a stash of material that I've bought over the years for one thing or another but never got around to it. I'm finding now that alot of that will fit in to what I plan on sewing. Looking back on that sewing class I'm thinking what an awful teacher that was. She could have been so much more supportive like Tim Gund in Project Runway when he says "Make it work!" She would probably be appalled at some of the ways that I've made it work over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment