Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Saturday, December 18, 2010

McKean Beer

Yea, you read that right, McKean Beer - that's where we went to dinner last night. We were both pleasantly surprised. We noticed a while back that when they renovated the place they put a small restaurant in the front. They seem to cater to the Sunday afternoon football crowd with coolers lining one wall with all different kinds of beer (I found my diet Dr.Pepper) , a big screen TV, and a list of Sunday specials. We were up for the challenge as there's no other place in town for a pizza anymore, that we like. and it had been snowing all day so we didn't want to venture too far from home. I was hungry for the pizza and we weren't disappointed. It was a tad pricey at least compared to Pizza Hut these days but we were the only customers so service was great. A couple things on the menu, which by the way includes sandwiches, salads, wings, appetizers and pizza), caught my eye. They have the zesty sauce as they call it (you'll remember Middleboro had their spicy choice) and bacon on the pizza is considered 2 items, hmmm. Maybe one for the meat and another fat??? Anyway we enjoyed it and have enough for lunch today. I guess these kind of places don't scare me anymore. We've had some really good food at dives and some really bad stuff at expensive ones. Sometimes I judge a dish by whether I recognize all the ingredients and if I don't it sends up a red flag. Hey I watch Top Chef so I'm familiar with food.

2 comments:

  1. A restaurant in a beer store...brings new meaning to BYOB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is a good idea when you consider they cater to the Sunday football crowd. They certainly had a good assortment of beers if someone wanted to try one but not buy the whole case.

    ReplyDelete