Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Birthday Wishes

I just have to share this one that happened yesterday. I was in the kitchen on my cell phone when the land line phone started to ring. I figured I'd let that one go and hope they left a message or I'd *69. I was calling a business to inquire about some merchandise when from the living room I heard my sister's rendition of "Happy Birthday"! Needless to say, I heard nothing else from that point on. I quickly picked up the phone and we had a good laugh. It brought back some other phone memories I had. Just recently, we were at Dobbins Landing at the top of the Bicentennial Tower when I received a call from a friend. A little into the conversation the cruise ship below set out a low, billowing foghorn that seemed to go on forever. Everything stood still and despite trying to escape, I was trapped until it decided to stop. Once again we had a good laugh. Another one came years ago when we were in our apartment and I placed a call to my mother. Due to a bad connection, I could hear her but she heard nothing. Becoming a little frustrated and thinking it was a prank call, she started to scream into the phone and say "Booooooo". I had been frantically trying to let her know it was me but at that point I realized it was futile. I ended up calling her back and reciprocating the sentiment. I'm sure there are many more of these phone memories but that will be for another blog. Just to let you know, I am in no way comparing my sister's beautiful voice to a foghorn! In fact, I still have it on the answering machine. Thanks for the memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment