Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Someone else's trash

There's a certain high we get from getting something for nothing or a dirt cheap price. I've felt that all too often. A similar high can be felt getting rid of things, maybe in the hopes of buying more. I've been in a state of continuous garage sale mode all summer but we need the space, ie. my husband can't get to his wine making supplies. I went through it all yesterday, sorted it out, and loaded the car up with Goodwill donations. Lucky for me, today starts Goodwill Days at Bonton! I've never done that before but I might try it. Of course, the thought of going to Goodwill to drop stuff off only makes me want to stop inside to see what there is for me. Isn't that defeating the sole purpose of donating? On the other hand, they might just have exactly what I've been looking for. I'm fairly selective when I shop at any thrift store and I have certain things I like to look for such as canning jars with metal spring clasps, Girl Scout tins, exercise dvds, blue glass, and a new addition for right now is nice corduroy shirts. With that list I can whip through pretty quick and be on my way to Erie Co. Farms, again! I'm sure I'll feel good no matter what and I hope the person who snatched our old ladder with the free sign on it last night feels good, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment