Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Erie County Farms

My shopping trip to Erie County Farms brought back many memories of my first real experience in Erie years and years ago. Soon after we moved here (me pregnant with my son), we were staying with my in-laws and frequently shopped at Erie County Farms. That was a hot spot on 26th street then where all the good deals on food were and basically still is. What I was amazed at back then was how people attacked the food when it was brought out in shopping carts such as lettuce for 29cents. You really had to be careful you weren't trampled by these people. I guess that's why we let my sister-in-law go in first as she was the fastest and most agile. My mother-in-law was not as quick and hey, I was with child. I look back at that and remember how proud we were that we walked away with a couple heads of lettuce. Well, due to any number of reasons, it's not like that over there any more. They seem to have their act together as far as putting the produce out. The even have a number system for the deli and cheese sections and everyone is very polite and helpful. You just can't beat the deals over there and now that I'm home I do intend to take advantage of it. I've learned a few things since then so maybe I'd get a head of lettuce now if they go back to their old ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment