Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Three things I've learned about jewelry making

  1. This is something that seems to be big right now - the things list. So I thought I'd give it a try. Oh well, I'm trying to figure this out myself. Anyway the first thing I've learned is to make something for myself first. I usually make crafts to give as gifts and then never get around to making something for me.
  2. The next thing is to use up what I have first. There's a sense of accomplishment when I get rid of somethings that's been laying around. And that really is the purpose for all this -to use it up.
  3. The last thing is to keep things simple, don't bite off more than I can chew and when my interest starts to wane, move on. Those first 7, yes 7, strands of seed beads were time consuming to say the least. I still have to put the back of the necklace on but I don't want to start a big project again on this one. So I've decided to keep it simple and just do a ribbon or something similar and tie on the side. Then I can move onto my next project.

Ok, I did this, not without some difficulty but it's a learning experience, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment