Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Friday, September 10, 2010

Canning is in my blood

Well, I've put a week in of canning, accomplished alot but I'm ready to move on. For the past year, I've been fielding attempts by my husband to buy more canning jars, saying I'm not into it much any more. We had numerous opportunities to get more jars what with his aunt's and mother's houses but I put him off. Wouldn't you know this week I had to buy some. I thought that might be grounds for divorce but he took it in stride. This was a chance to try something different and I did that in my mild and hot versions of chipotle salsas. They taste pretty good so I might do one more batch. I probably have another batch of regular juice I can do if not more. Looking back through my stash in the utility room, I noticed that 2007 must have been a great year for tomatoes. I still have some ketchup from then and I remember I made taco sauce that year. I enjoy seeing the fruit of my labor but I'm tired of the tower of boxes that hold my canning supplies littering the kitchen, such as pressure canner, squeezo, stock pots, bowls and basket with tools. At least I'm able to do this at my leisure and not squeeze it into a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment