Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Good Fall Meal

I'm finally getting back into cooking, at least for awhile. I made stuffed peppers on Thursday which turned out really good, especially with my sweet-sour sauce that I also use for stuffed cabbage. It's funny that growing up, when my mom would make stuffed peppers, I would always slide the pepper off and offer it to someone else. Now I long for an extra pepper and think that's the best part. I also made more to freeze and eat later. I wanted a bread to go with it so I made a recipe for Potato-Chive Rolls that I've been dying to try. The dough turned out great and overall I'd say the rolls were a success. I did cloverleaf rolls besides a small loaf and all we ate was the roll. Those are frozen for later, also. My mom's favorite way to do rolls were the cloverleaf where you make 3 small balls in a muffin tin. They are a convenient size and easy to break apart. I probably won't make them again as they weren't flavored with the chives as well as i had hoped. I have another recipe, tried and true, for brown and serve rolls that are the best I've ever made and even more convenient. This was just the kind of meal I like on a fall night with a home cooked feel and using a bunch of stuff from the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment