Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

More Phone Stuff

We don't get many phone calls (landline ones) at this point in our lives, especially with having cell phones. It's a far cry from when the kids were still home and sometimes we felt like the answering machine, even though we didn't have one. Now, even with being on the do not call registry, we get all the political calls, renewals for magazines and donations to charities. I guess if you've ever interacted with an agency, they have the right to call you. Why does it have to happen right when we're sitting down to eat or one of my favorite TV shows is about to start? I know the answer - they know I'm home! I have a hard time being rude despite the fact that they are interrupting me. Sometimes, if I'm not busy, I let them go on, knowing I have no intention of accepting anything - just to waste their time. Time is money for them so they want to get to as many people as they can in a sitting. One time I turned the table on someone who was selling a home security system and questioned them about what they had. She was a little taken back but was honest with me. I've thought about screening my calls with the machine but I end up doing the *69 if they don't leave a message and the charges add up. I shouldn't be the one who pays! Of course, when I get that phone call at about 7:25 and I hear "Hi Grandma" on the other end, telling me about what they got that evening, nothing else seems to matter - I'm all ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment