Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Peppermint Mocha

I just received a notice from Giant Eagle that the seasonal Coffeemate creamer will soon be available in the stores. Ya-hoo!! The Peppermint Mocha is my all time favorite, so much so that the last time everyone was home, I used my new (thrift store) carafe to make a batch of my own version. It turned out pretty good but there was too much leftover chocolate just sitting in the bottom of it. What a waste! As long as I can get the real thing I'm good but if I need to make my own again, I might try a little hot chocolate mix thrown in instead of the chocolate squares. That little bit of chocolate just seems to mellow out the whole experience. I used to do the same thing with the coffee spoons - dip a plastic spoon in melted chocolate then sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Those were fun to make and give as gifts and they looked so pretty,too. Heaven knows I have enough of the chocolate, white and milk, stockpiled to make a bunch. It would be nice to get rid of some of that and make room for something else. As you can tell, Christmas seems to be right around the corner, in my mind anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Oh good :) I was worried that might have been from last year, hehe...

    ReplyDelete