Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Monday, September 13, 2010

One month into retirement

Well, it's been a month - is that all? Looking back on it, I'm amazed at all that I've accomplished, at least for being on perpetual vacation (new word for retirement). It was only a little over a week ago that I was returning from Las Vegas and during that week I've managed to almost fill up the shelves in my utility room with canned goods. I have to admit I'm tiring off it! I'm longing for the fun stuff like crafts that gives me my passion. Don't get me wrong, canning is one of those passions, too, but I've nearly exhausted that one. Exercise is going good despite a slow start after the trip. Today I will use 10# wts. for the first time in forever it seems. I've been cooking more, getting things out of my system but with few successes. That's OK though - the point is to try them out. I long to enjoy this fall weather more and that used to come with picking apples which are nonexistent this year. We're closing the pool tonight which might lead to staining that deck, hmmm. I think if there is a negative side to this retirement, it's lack of human contact. I'm probably ready for a trip somewhere to talk to people - doesn't have to be far. I'll be working on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment