Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Workouts

This week has shown a breakthrough in my workouts, at least how I feel after I do them. I've increased my workout time to one hour and have taken my time building up my weights. I'm still not doing what I was doing before but I'm very careful about that. I've had too much experience with pain once I've first started a strength program. I am faithful to the twice weekly weight workout that I do and so far it's worked. As far as cardio, my walking workout is about 50 min. and then my stretch , which comes to about an hour. That's been getting easier for me but I still feel like it's a good workout. In my attempt to vary my sessions, I started doing the Women's Health Perfect Body DVD. The only cardio on that is a 20 (approx.) min session so I supplement it with the Core and More part and then the stretch. It had been a week since I did the core part, which is very good, by the way, and has left me doubled over and in pain the first four times. This week was different - I knew what was coming, did it and completed it with no pain - until that evening when my whole torso hurt, alot like when I had my gall bladder attack. I was fine the next morning but it put a little scare in me. It's definitely a good one! My problem now is that there are very few if any one hour cardio workouts out there for me. Most DVDs divide up the workout into cardio, strength and flexibility and it leaves me hanging. I will have to find a workout with several cardio sessions that I can combine to get a sufficient workout. It's not an easy thing to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment