Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

So Emotional

Yes, I'm back into my TV shows which will make for, hopefully, more interesting blog reads. Last night was Thintervention, which has been on for awhile but I realized something last night. These shows are sooooo emotional! It started with the Biggest Loser, especially with the girl who lost her husband and kids in a car accident, and every week she rehashed all the details. It's not that I'm not sympathetic but, really, every week, the same story. And of course, it got to me and I was in tears. That can be draining week after week! They seem to think that we're not overweight unless we have some emotional scar that we need to uncover and deal with. Nope, not that I know of, just pure and simple - love food, have kids, eat and gain weight. I know that I'm an emotional eater, too, but not to the extent that they think on TV. Maybe this is just their way to make better TV material to keep people interested but it's becoming a little too routine and predictable. It seems to even bother a couple of the contestants on Thintervention to the point that they are making fun of one of the girls because she breaks down every week and they're getting tired of it. Of course, when it's their turn, it's OK to have a little meltdown of sorts. So, when did being overweight go hand in hand with having underlying mental issues? And can I assume from this trend that all skinny people are completely free from any emotional issues, or at least, brought them up to the surface where they could be addressed and put to rest? If this is all it took then once you're thin, it shouldn't be a struggle to keep the weight off and we all know it's a battle for life. Maybe what this is all telling me is that I'm watching too many weight loss shows for my own good!

No comments:

Post a Comment