Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Monday, August 8, 2011

Another New Trick or Not

I'm sort of in a quandary as to whether to make some microwave potato bags or not. In a food blog that I follow, Jennie wrote about the potato bags and used them for corn on the cob. She raved about how well they cook, as long as you're only doing a couple ears. I got to thinking how that might be more efficient than heating a big pot of water. I've tried microwaving them before and it didn't work that well for me. Anyway, with the sewing I've been doing I thought it would be a quick and easy thing to whip up with some of my stash. As I looked for patterns, I also found the warnings that go along with them as far as fires. One posting summed it up by saying she didn't want to be responsible for a fire hazard. It seems I'm sucked up into these new and improved ways to do things a little too easily and I need to be careful. I remember a girl at work, years ago, saying that she made corn on the cob in the dishwasher!!! It was great for a big load and cooked them perfectly. After that I saw on TV where someone made salmon in the dishwasher (wrapped in foil). Sounds crazy, I know, but I'm sure the first thought of cooking things in the microwave at record speeds probably raised a few eyebrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment