Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Thursday, August 25, 2011

My Fear

I don't feel that I have an extreme fear of anything to speak of, not like some people who can't look at a picture of a snake for example. Sure, there's things I get shook up about just like everyone else. I've even overcome my fear of driving in the snow and ice. I suppose if I had to pinpoint a specific thing I really hate to do and that gets my heart athumpin is merging. My kids will laugh at this because they know how I am and how far I can go to avoid this. I'm getting better with it, especially with all the driving I've done but when a merge situation is approaching, I tense up. I think it stems from being in situations where there's been a lot of traffic and I've had to stop and wait. I've never been real confident driving anyway and some of it comes from both my parents not getting their license until a little later in life. Once I got mine they were hesitant to let me drive much, especially when it was raining or at night. Of course, they didn't have any restrictions on my brother (double standard, maybe). I'm very open about my driving habits - I take the road less traveled, there's never a road trip where I haven't taken the wrong turn at least once and I like having Mandy (my gps or another shoulder at the wheel, so to speak) with me. I seem to manage to get where I'm going, maybe not as fast as others, but I manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment