Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Satisfaction

This one is about the moment I felt satisfied with my life.  Wow, where do you start with this one.  Should it be something momentous, an achievement award or such, a major accomplishment, or tiny moment in time that affected me, a sunset that was breathtaking, a peacefulness that came over me, a moment of complete serenity  -  what path do I take.  I think I'm putting way too much time into this one!  I came up with 2 moments that tell me I did something right in my life.  The first was when everyone in my family came to see me at the hospital for my surgery.  I try not to send them on a guilt trip but I'm sure they could have sensed my disappointment if they weren't there so maybe that shouldn't count.  I made it through fairly well I'd say with not a lot of anguish or fear.  As I was waiting to go into the operating room, I noticed it was number 73 which made me feel like everything would be fine since that's my lucky number (year I got married and graduated).  But the moment that I can honestly say was even better was when the grandkids visited in July.  We spent the week doing a bunch of things and my main goal was to get them back home safe and sound.  When the week was over and we were going home I asked Braden if he wanted to come back next year and do it again and there was an emphatic "Sure".  Those are the kind of moments I will look forward to having every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment