Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Place I've Traveled To

This is a picture of me when I was in Valladolid, Spain. I lived with a woman named Carmina, la viuda de Sanz, which means she was the widow of a man named Sanz. Living with her was a niece named Gloria who was going to school in the city. My roommate was Beth who was from Pittsburgh and going to Carlow College. This picture was taken in Las Moreras, a park in Valladolid.


This is a picture of Carmina and me after Beth and I made a pizza at her apartment. It was more difficult than you might think because only the bakeries had access to yeast so all we could use was baking powder. Otherwise, it turned out pretty good.

I went to Spain to study there with a group organized out of Indiana U. of PA. This was during my junior year of college from Jan. to June of 1972. It was a very interesting experience and one I'll never forget. I told you all this talk of pictures was making me want to scrapbook.
Sorry this picture is so small, I'm still trying to figure this out.


No comments:

Post a Comment