Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Bad Habit

This challenge is a habit I wish I didn't have. It's got to be my binge eating. I was so good right after my surgery - didn't want or need any sweets or in between meal snacks. Of course, I wasn't feeling all that good either. Now that I'm feeling better, I crave the sweets and snacks. What's up with that? I realize I got those cravings out of my system then but now the weight is starting to inch up. My problem is I can't stop once I get started eating. Give me a bag of candy and I'm not happy until I finish it and after I'm still not happy, physically and emotionally. As you can see from the pictures I posted on the last challenge, I wasn't always heavy. And what's surprising is that I drank regular, not diet, pop and whatever else I wanted back then, including that pizza I was holding. I guess that's what having 3 kids will do to your metabolism when you aren't watching. It probably only would have taken a little exercise to keep the weight under control but who knows if I would have done it. Maybe not. At least my bad habit isn't worse than that like drugs, alcohol or smoking, that's what I tell myself anyway. My strategy for licking it (no pun intended) is not having it in the house and keeping busy - hope it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment