Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Monday, August 22, 2011

Song of the Day

I'm playing catch-up today so bear with me. This was supposed to be written on Sat. but I was on the road, with no internet access, so I'm writing it now. It was probably a good thing because I don't listen to many of my cd's when I'm home. It just so happened that I was listening to one of my JoDee Messina cds. I have 4 of them that are great on road trips. Sat. was a day that I knew was not going to go as planned. I had to travel from Mechanicsburg to some point north of Snow Shoe to attend a Field Day for Forest Landowners that my hubby and I registered for a while ago. Normally we would have both been at our cabin but I was at my son's helping out with my grandson, so we were coming from different directions. I got up early, grabbed a cup of coffee, said a couple quick good-byes and I was out the door, knowing that I would be late. It was the best I could do. Along the way, my hubby called to say even he was caught up in some unexpected circumstances. I talked to him a little later in the trip and he informed me of the road I was to encounter. I was prepared for the worst and it turned out to be pretty bad. Anyway, getting back to the song - "That's the way it is" - was pretty much the way it was that day. Some of the lyrics are - you gotta roll with the punches ...you gotta bend when the wind blows ...you live, you learn, you crash, you burn, and that's the way it is. Listening to the song kind of gave me permission to be late and it would be alright, and it was. By the way, I got to hear a lot of my songs during that trip, which I loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment