Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Friday, August 5, 2011

Go Anya!

The new season of Project Runway started last week and once again I'm lovin it. I know I've written about it before but here goes again. Maybe part of it is because I'm sewing so much lately, but I think these people are so talented. I'm especially rooting for Anya who Heidi talked about on GMA before the first episode. She told the story about during casting this girl came in saying she had only been sewing for 4 months. Of course the other judges were convinced she was a fraud and didn't want her on the show. Heidi wanted to at least give her a chance but we didn't know until the first one if she got that chance or not. Well, she did. During the show last week, they had to make an outfit with their pajamas and 1 sheet. It was the first time Anya had ever sewn with silk and had ever made a pair of pants. She was struggling with it but managed to make one of the best projects of the week. Hooray for her!!! This week was the unconventional challenge where they got their supplies from the pet store and though she wasn't the best she was safe for another week. These designers are fabulous in my book because they do it all - have a unique idea, draw the design for it, create it, usually with no pattern and sew it themselves, in a limited amount of time. Of course there's always a twist which I love. Can't wait to see what next week will bring, especially for Anya.

1 comment:

  1. I think Anya's last week's challenge top and this week's looked very similar in shape. My thoughts: Anya is going to keep saying "I've never sewn ____" for a lot of the show. I'm already over it.

    I'm also over Anthony's "I had cancer..." "I am colorblind..." backstory.

    But I'm most over Laura and her privilaged, rich girl routine.

    This year they are really shaping the cast member's back story. I just want to see the fashion! I love the unconventional materials challenges and hope they do more of them! I also am enjoying that the show is 1.5 hours!

    Oops. Sorry. Long comment. I could talk about PR all day!

    ReplyDelete