Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My Blog Name

This second blog challenge is to explain where I got my name for the blog. I knew I wanted it to be about my journey through retirement and doing all the things I put off because I was too busy. Thinking of a name was a bit harder. At the time I was listening to Taylor Swift and there was one song (A Place in this World) that had a phrase half way through it that she belted out. Of course, I was right there with her, belting it out. As soon as I heard it again, I knew that Girl on a Mission was my title. As anyone knows, picking a username, or in this case a website for my blog can be trial and error. I decided on tswiftgirl as no one else had that one. One thing I did once I had it was Google the name to see if it would come up. I found many interesting sites, some of which I didn't want to be associated with. It was then that my hubby helped me make up my calling cards that I passed out the last week of work to keep in touch with coworkers. At first I would check to see who was reading my blog and then I came to realize that I was doing this for myself, not others, and I wasn't as concerned with the followers. This has definitely been a personal journey that I do for myself - alone, on my own.

1 comment:

  1. I was also worried about who would read my blog. When I got to the point I didnt care about "the who" I finally created Java Talk. I also write for myself. Reading comments is so much fun, but that's just bonus. Now that I do have regular readers, my tone is a little different. I tend to write to the reader but if people stopped reading, I would still write.

    www.bringyourownmug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete