Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Why Not On Facebook?

Every now and again I get the urge to do Facebook, especially when someone else befriends my hubby who has a page. Mind you, he got onto FB not really knowing what he was doing, doesn't understand what is going on and has threatened to stop it if he only knew how! I've told him to keep it because I use it to look at pictures of the kids, etc. and rarely post anything myself. Maybe I'm just a tad curious too and want to keep up to date with things. In fact, we just printed out some information from a cousin who did some genealogy work and posted it on FB. We appreciate that by the way. Now it isn't because I'm antisocial or anything like that but more, I've been there, done that sort of thing. I'm sure you're asking how as FB is new. Well, when we first got the computer, even before Windows, getting on the Internet was not like it is now. But we did have message boards through the Erie provider that we had and we all spent alot of time chatting with others. I even, at one point, had a camera and earphones attached to the computer so I could talk to my sister in CA for free! So it was basically the same but in a different format. Going way back I remember my mother on the CB radio at home and talking to all her good buddies. I think she wanted her handle to be Pocahontas but that was already taken. If she were alive today she probably would be on FB.

No comments:

Post a Comment