Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Old Dog - New Tricks

Thanks for the comment on the purse, Judy. The one thing that amazed me the most was that I was able to put everything I had in my other purse into this smaller one and I still have room! I'm on to my next project, well, sort of. I bought the material for a baby quilt to make in the next couple of months. I debated whether to wait for the new stuff coming in or get some stuff on sale so I opted for the cheaper stuff. This time I'm combining fleece and flannel, mainly because I wasn't able to find the flannel panel (it rhymes) that I wanted for the center. I'll wash them both before I start, as I always do (hot debate in the quilting world) but I know flannel shrinks so I want to be prepared. I won't start this until after I get another quilt finished (already begun). At least now I have some new tools to work with - I received my walking foot, quilting guide and darning foot in the mail yesterday!. I just have to figure out how to put them on my machine and use them. Who says retirement can't include learning some new tricks?

1 comment:

  1. I don't see how you have time to learn new tricks....you are always busy..busy...busy and so productive! If i knew anybody who seems to be enjoying retirement so much, it has to be you!

    ReplyDelete