Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Monday, August 29, 2011

Picture in 2010


This a picture of me from last year (in the middle)during my last summer at work.  The past year hasn't changed my appearance all that much except for a couple more scars from my surgeries and a few more gray hairs.  I do have a new heart valve and a pacemaker though.  I think the main way I've changed since last year is in my stress level.  I'm amazed at how easy life can be without the stress of getting up and going to work and dealing with a lot of other people.  Having all your activities on your own terms does wonders for your emotional health.  I guess that's what retirement is all about.  At this point I'm surprised the life expectancy doesn't skyrocket!

No comments:

Post a Comment