Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Dream House

This one is relevant -  relevant to what period in my life we're talking about.  If I were being asked this 30 years ago I would have wanted lots of bedrooms and space for everyone in the family besides a fully loaded kitchen.  Now that the kids are gone and life is being simplified, my dream house has also changed.  In fact, I probably already have my dream house in our cabin.  When we were planning the cabin the items of concern for me were an outside space (aka front porch and deck)  main floor laundry room and eating area/bar in the kitchen.  All of those were met when we built it and since then, with the renovation of the basement giving us a half bath, family room and bedroom, my dream of a craft room has also been accomplished.  I didn't even realize how much I wanted a craft room until I had one here and then I knew I would miss not having it.  Having a huge house with all the bells and whistles is not what appeals to me now.  I'd rather have it ample but easy to clean.   

No comments:

Post a Comment