Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Last Day of Challenge

This is the last blog challenge post and I'm so ready for it.  There will be no picture though only some good things that happened.  It certainly wasn't the most exciting of days for me but a collection of little things that, in the end, made for a nice day.
  1. One of the first things that happened this morning was getting on the internet and finding a series of quilting shows that Eleanor Burns made.  I just love to watch her and see her little tricks for quilting.  She really is a remarkable person and she made me feel excited about quilting again.  I'm going to look for a beginner's book to buy sometime.  I also bookmarked the site so I could watch more.
  2. Sometimes finishing things, whatever they might be, gives me such a good feeling.  I've been canning tomatoes all week and putting those tomatoes to good use was satisfying to me.  I even made a big batch of chili to use some of the old tomatoes I had and some peppers from the garden. 
  3. Today, both of our orders from Amazon came in  -  a new winter cover for the pool and an inflatable for it.  I was getting a little worried about when it would come and hoped we would be here.  The neighbors are usually pretty good about keeping an eye out for stuff like that.
  4. I was very excited to hear that my daughter-in-law is going to be in an exercise group with Denise Austin.  Wow, I couldn't believe it.  My first thought was to tell someone else who could appreciate the scope of this news so I texted Juanita the girl I used to exercise with.  She was just as excited as I was.  My hubby even knew who she was from TV.  That was the most fantastic news of the day!
  5. The last thing I felt good about today was what I made for supper, not that it turned out all that well or that I'll ever make it again, but that it was new, different and I used up a lot of stuff.  It was called Lazy Lasagna and instead of noodles, you layer ravioli and sauce.  I had pulled what I thought was chili for my hubby out of the freezer, only to find it was meatballs and sauce.  So this was my attempt to use it anyway and as an added bonus, I used the ravioli. 
Well there you have it  -  my final blog challenge post.  I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I'm ready to move on.  I have learned things along the way such as putting pictures on my posts that don't come from the camera.  That was really major for me.  At times the memories were a bit much for me and it almost made me sad but I recovered quickly.  Some were good memories and I even got some pictures sorted through for scrapbooking.  In the end I'm glad I did it and glad it's over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment