Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Turning 60

This will probably sounds pretty strange but I'm looking forward to turning 60 this week.  I know  -  who wants to get older  -  but think of the discounts I can get.  Up to now the only ones I got were those handed out to 55 yr. olds and those were few and far between.  Of course some people hesitate to ask your age so they automatically give it to you if you look old.  Who cares as long as you get it!  Some places still wait until you're 65 and I'll have to rely on my hubby to provide that one in a couple years.  Until then I'll look forward to the day when I can get my own and feel proud of it.  I've written before about the benefits of getting older and how we can get away with murder, almost.  When I cut someone off, I'm old and can't be held responsible, if I can't read signs, my eyesight is failing, it gets harder and harder standing for a long time, offer me your seat (believe it or not, women offer more), and I don't move as fast so stop and let me cross in peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment