Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Road Trip

Well, I finally did the Goodwill road trip with a friend and we had a great time.  It started off a little rocky when, the night before, my hubby noticed an outside light on in my car.  He tried everything to turn it off but it stayed on until he pulled the cable on the battery.  He said I could still take it but would have to pull the battery cable whenever it was idle for any length of time.  There were too many ifs in that option so I decided to take his car.  That worked out ok with just a few minor adjustments like attaching the gps to the windshield instead of my dashboard and moving some other stuff around.  He also volunteered to clean it before I left.  I had a ton of places we could stop, both Goodwills and Quilt Shops, but the first snag came when the quilt shop in Hermitage wasn't open on Monday.  We made up for it with a nice size Goodwill and a Salvation Army Thrift Store where I found a quilt rack.  The car was filling up quick at that point. We stopped at a Goodwill in Grove City and then back on 80 to the next stop in Knox.  Unfortunately, we were about a half hour too late for the quilt store but manged to go to the Sharp Shopper for dinner and dessert.  My friend came very well prepared for our trip with some material squares to show me a neat trick in making a bowtie pattern.   Tuesday proved to be our best day all around.  First we hit DuBois Goodwills and took advantage of the yellow half off  and .29 sales.  I think we really hit the jackpot at those stores!  From there we went to Brookville where we went to our first quilt shop of the trip and another Goodwill.  The weather was perfect both days, Mandy was very helpful, we both found great bargains, ate some tasty food, and enjoyed wonderful company along the way.  We both feel the same way about saving money  -  what a rush!

No comments:

Post a Comment