Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Something I've Learned

I've learned many things over the course of these 60 years but I think the most important is that I am responsible and solely responsible for my happiness.  No one else can do that for me or make me feel any way I don't want to.  I've seen too much of how other people blame others, be it parents, spouse or children, for their own choices in life and I realize that no one else can force me to do what I don't want to do.  This kind of philosophy is liberating in a way, and you don't have those bad feelings toward anyone else.  I reminds me when the kids were little and would talk of being bored or they had nothing to do.  I told them they had to make their own fun.  We did that as kids down by the creek that ran behind our house.  We would spend all day creating rooms across the water.  I know everyone isn't lucky enough to have that sort of childhood memory but even my kids could make their forts and go treasure hunting at the creek near us.  I might be simplifying things a bit but my point is to start each day with a clean slate and if you need to set someone straight about something, go ahead and do it, then let it go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment