Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Saturday, September 10, 2011

My Dream Wedding

If I had the chance, how would I have done my wedding differently, I guess that's how to think of it.  I've always loved the idea of a pig roast at a wedding.  The guy I used to work with on weekends had one at one of his weddings and I was impressed.  Not that I would want anything real casual like everyone in denim but an outdoor setting would be wonderful.  I'm a hands on, make your own, kind of girl and that's what it was like for my wedding.  I made my own dress and all the bridesmaid's dresses were handmade (I made one of those, too).  I wish now that I had made something a little fancier for my wedding but at the time, money and time were issues and I guess I didn't think I had the ability to do more.  I was probably wrong about that, looking back at all the clothes I used to make for myself and others.  I'm also a realist about this and although I would have loved to have some nicer pictures taken at the wedding, I wouldn't have wanted to pay for them.  Nowadays, there's so much more to do for weddings and I would be in my glory to make centerpieces, cookies, etc.for a wedding.  I'll have that chance with my daughter's wedding coming up and hope she gets her dream wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment